Organic Wool Batting
Use our Pozzi Wool Batting for your own crafting, quilting, bedding and upholstery projects.
• No resins or glues, just 100% natural wool
• Washed in biodegradable soap, and no carbonization.
• One yard is approximately 2 pounds (88” length).
• Made from 100% Pozzi Wool® – sourced from family ranches in Northern California.
Pozzi Wool® comes from our ranch and other family-owned and operated ranches in northern California, all of which raise their sheep according to our Pozzi Wool® standards. Keeping family ranches economically viable is an important part of why Pozzi Wool® was created. By developing the Pozzi Wool® standards and providing a market for our and other ranch’s wool, we were able to diversify and add income to the operations.
This coarse wool is perfect for practical products for you and your home.
Pozzi Wool® Standards
In 1993, Joe Pozzi, along with other like-minded wool-loving people, developed a set of standards for Pozzi Wool®. These standards assure our customers receive the highest quality product, while ensuring the ranchers raising the sheep are being responsible in their business practices.
How does the Wool get from the Sheep to the Dryer Ball?
• All the sheep are born, live and graze on free-range pastures, and the ranchers regularly move the sheep between their pastures to ensure healthy grasses and eliminate soil erosion.
• Each spring, the sheep are sheared by professional shearers.
• Once sheared, the fleece (wool from one sheep) is placed on a skirting table, where quality imperfections in the wool are removed by hand.
• The wool is then baled and shipped to a scouring mill and washed in a 95% biodegradable soap.
• After washing, the wool is shipped to a carding mill where it is combed and placed in large rolls of batting.
• Sonoma Wool Company then uses this batting to create practical products for you and your home!
Natural Inclusions – No Carbonization
Pozzi Wool® is never carbonized. Carbonization is a harsh chemical process many industrial wool processors use to clean vegetation from the wool. Because our wool is not carbonized, you will see bits of residual vegetation in your Sonoma Wool Company products. We choose to offer an all-natural product with residual specks of vegetation because we believe it is best for the environment and the people who will be using our wool products.